Skip to main content

MY THIRD ⛰




People say that "the best view comes after the hardest climb" which is true but I believe that "the best view is in the eye of the beholder" (and that doesn't make sense) lol πŸ˜†

Mt. Talamitam is in Nasugbu Batangas. 3 hours away from my place, Las PiΓ±as City. I have been planning to climb for quite some time but didn't have a bunch of friends to lure. Most of them are busy and others aren't into it. Which I totally understand.

So I kept searching. 😊

I did message a friend and asked him to join me. He said yes and invited his friends.
Disclaimer: We actually planned and canceled it several times but we decided to give it a harder push. Then this happened. (We sometimes need that "push") πŸ˜…

This was my third climb, actually. I have never been this proud of myself. #narcissisticalert πŸ˜„
I literally tell myself, "Good job, Ana" everytime I reach the summit.


I πŸ’“ VIEW

Climbing is not a joke. It's really hard. You need to endure everything by yourself. You need to carry your own stuff, walk and work harder, prep the tent, shower with sweat, eat, pee or even poop anywhere (excuse me haha).  But when you reach the top and see its view-ty. That's it. You're done. It is worth it.

A friend once asked me.. "Ano ba napapala mo kapag nag bundok ka?" (what is it in climbing?)
At first, I didn't know what to say or how to react. I remembered answering: "Kasi maganda yung view sa taas, tas kakain kami dun, masaya" (Because of the view and it's fun)
It's too shallow, I know. Anyone can say that
But I am wishing he'll ask me the same question again.
And will give him a better answer

It isn't just the view or reaching the summit
It is how you get there.
How difficult the path is.
How much effort you give.
How you push and tolerate the pain
You'll actually know yourself even more.
Believe me. I've done it

AND you'll get to know more people (it's a plus).
Making friends is what I enjoy doing

Anyway, it's getting longer. πŸ™Š
I would like to share some of my photos and info about my Mt. Talamitam climb


Alfonso, somewhere in Tagaytay
We took a car. (this photo was taken around 4AM)
But if you're planning to go from here, take a bus going to Nasugbu Batangas and ask them to drop you off the "Mt. Talamitam Jump- off" w/c costs 30 pesos
(actually from ANYWHERE, just take a bus going to Nasugbu Batangas is fine, not sure about the fare though)✌

Mount Talamitam
Sitio Bayasan Barangay Aga, Nasugbu Batangas

This can easily be seen along the highway
Registration booth, where you have to... of course, REGISTER haha πŸ˜†
and pay 50 pesos. Not bad
People living in the area, (in Nasugbu) are free of charge πŸ‘
This is us.
We're about to start the climb. (around 6AM, yeah quite late hehe)
We look fresh. wait until you see the other photos πŸ™ˆ
My guy friend and his friends (co-teachers and student), who are now my friends (not just on facebook, okay? ok) πŸ‘Œ
My new found friends (at their early twenties)
I feel so bagets and energetic. I think I have to haha
It was nice meeting you two ❤
There are spots where you can set your tents up and eat.
Some people stay over night and camp
We're about to eat but first... (let me take a groupie)
I was too busy eating and didn't get a chance to capture our food
But we got tuna, corned beef, nuggets and rice, all good, so stuffed πŸ‘

Resting doesn't harm anyone
Resting doesn't mean you're weak
(coming from me πŸ™‹, who always says, wait !let's rest HAHAH)


You just.... follow the path
.......Go with the flow
........Follow the bouncing ball  HAHAHahahah
One of the many things I look forward to see and do
A proper place to sit haha πŸ™Œ
A perfect view of Mt. Batulao from Mt. Talamitam 
10-20 pesos BJ (buko juice) - stop over
I buy not because I am too thirsty (I bring water πŸ’§). I just want to help the people who have this for a living.
I see how hard they work and my gaaad they stay under the sun! I cannot imagine, I just can't #oa 😎


THE SUMMIT
(Mt. Talamitam)
FYI: There's someone who sells 50 peso halo-halo here πŸ‘†
(it's like getting a prize after a tough work)
In addition...
There are several camp sites or resort-like stuff, where you can stay and rent rooms with swimming pools.
(Photo taken near the Jump off )

That is all.
I wish I can be more informative here ✌ (just sharing)
Thank you for reading πŸ’‹


Do follow me on twitter/ IG/ vimeo: @akpagunsan



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AZURE BEACH CLUB

AZURE Urban Paris Hilton Beach Club SLEX West Service Road Bicutan Paranaque, Corner D. Soledad Avenue beside SM Bicutan, ParaΓ±aque, 1702 Metro Manila, Philippines April 28-29, 2016 (For my sister's graduation day celebration) It was my first staycation with the family. Sad to say that my brother wasn't with us. He's still in Kuwait, waiting for his flight back to the Philippines. Our schedule was at 10AM of April 28 to 12noon of April 29. We arrived at the hotel at 11AM. Since we didn't have our own car, we took uber and paid 400 pesos for the fare. (From Moonwalk, Las Pinas) We stayed in Santorini Tower. 5 minutes away from the pool. The room is pretty nice and clean. We got 2 bedrooms at affordabe rate, both are airconditioned. Utensils, electric stove and microwave oven are also available. It's fully furnished. They have a router too but it wasn't working. Hihi. :D The dining area The kitchen The couch The mirror :) Our

Taytay falls, Majayjay Laguna

A weekend getaway in Laguna. February 20, 2016 We visited one of the famous falls in Laguna. The Taytay falls in Majayjay. We went on a weekend that's why it's a bit crowded. It was a little difficult to find a nice spot to go camping. Nevertheless, it was a good experience. People often call it the Majayjay Falls, maybe because it's in Majayjay Laguna but actually its name is Taytay Falls. Its former name was The Imelda falls, named after the First lady of our late Pres. Ferdinand Marcos, Mrs. Imelda Marcos. She has financed the promotion of tourism of the place, that's why. The Taytay Falls It was a 3-4 hours (+ traffic jams) drive from Las PiΓ±as City. We arrived at around 11AM, got our registration and paid 20 pesos for the entrance fee. It's better to bring your own tent, for you not to rent one. Since souvenir shops close at 5 in the afternoon, we bought some before going to the falls. You can also buy food and drinks near the entrance gate. Park

CEBU

#CebuYess A good friend went back home from Saudi, who's been there for a year. We decided to go to Cebu and booked a flight last October 2015. Everything was spontaneous, a DIY trip.  Air fare rates: January 20, 2016,  Wednesday Manila to Cebu  (Air Asia) 1,100 pesos January, 24, 2016,  Sunday   Cebu to Manila (Cebu Pacific)  1,280pesos Good thing we got some promotions from the airlines. If you'll have the cheapest fare, the better. Day 1 January 20, 2016 Wednesday   Our flight was at 0715. We were at the airport an hour before the flight. Everything went well and arrived at the Mactan International Airport at around 0840. We took the white cab (outside the airport) going to the North terminal. The driver gave us tickets for the insurance. Cool!   We paid 170 pesos for the trip. It takes less than an hour to get there.  From the North terminal, we took a van going to Hagnaya port and paid 150 pesos/head for the tr